Sunday, December 11, 2022

Ho-ho, hack- hack, but we are back

The holidays are fun when little children are not flushed, fevered, and full of phlegm. Alex and Charlie had a rough week. Then their older brother's class had a winter concert, and Liam came down with the crud, too. I have already had it and recuperated.

Since Bill has been barking like a seal for more than a week (on anitbiotics) I decided to drive to the boys' home so the little guys could stay in their own beds and sleep all day. Nothing like a back rub from Nana to help the healing. It's been an exhausting week. But we are back!

They were so excited to learn THEY could cut and lace a paper stocking and cut an oval. When they weren't looking I turned the oval into a mouse and added a candy cane striped paper straw for a tail and inserted the mouse into the stocking with the tail exposed. I read them Mouse's First Snow, then I handed them their craft project. They squealed, "A candy cane!" Their frowns turned to laughter when they saw it was a mouse with a candy striped tail. Alex loves stuffies, and he kept saying, "I love this so much."
Charlie was into bling. I colored a tree on a piece of cardboard and covered it with contact paper (inverted so sticky side is out) and they did math activity: roll the dice, place corresonding amount of jewels on the tree. This is a fun group game if each participant counts out 20 jewels. First one to place all gets a real candy cane! 

I hope you are enjoying the pre-holiday fun with you and yours, and steering clear of those viruses floating around. 

I am getting the urge to bake cookies. I always make multiple batches of peanut butter, but I know if I do, I will eat too many, too soon, and I will be sorry. 

Do you bake holiday cookies?
 

8 comments:

DUTA said...

Glad you and the boys' are "back to business" - craft projects and various other fun activities. You're a wonderful Nana enriching the boys' young lives!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Cookies sound good!

Pat Wahler said...

Such fun! Hope the boys are on the mend.

Val said...

Those are good activities to make the boys forget they are sick! I don't bake cookies, but I make Chex Mix to give to family and friends.

Anonymous said...

I've had yours. Yum!

Kathy G said...

The gloomy, chilly weather is perfect for making cookies!

Susan said...

Oh Linda. Sorry the boys got the crud. I've had it for several weeks. Antibiotics are all swallowed up. Residual cough remains but it's getting the boot soon. I'm sure the boys loved being taken care of by Grammie. And the mouse, too! Keep up the good work!

jabblog said...

It seems these viruses are doing the rounds world-wide. I hope you and yours are back to normal now. I don't bake - whatever I try turns into cement!