Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Three day celebration

Despite the brutally cold temperatures and cyclone bomb snowfall that hammered the Midwest last week, we made it through unscathed. No burst pipes or power outages. We were thankful for a warm home and lots of fuzzy blankets to snuggle under as we watched Christmas movies.

During this horrible deep freeze I ran inside and out all day long with food and water for the birds and squirrels. 
Our back yard motion detector spotlighted an animal and illuminated our bedroom at 3:00 a.m. I dashed to the window and caught sight of a big orange cat with a fluffy tail climbing over the fence. Feeling sorry for it, I hurried outside, shivering in my nightgown and slippers. I tossed a handful of cat kibble.

At 7:00 a.m. when my husband woke up, he checked the outdoor video camera on the computer.
"Honey, come here! You have to see this fox that visited us about 3:00 a.m."

Next time I will put on my glasses before mad dashing to the window and out the door. 

This was our best Christmas ever. We celebrated with my daughter and her family, my son and his family, and Bill's two girls and grown grandkids who came from near and far.

We had a delightful holiday, especially with the great grandsons. Liam, eight-years-old was so happy with his Pokemon gift from us. Imagine eyes wide as saucers, and you get the picture.
Alex, five, greeted us at the door and tried to make a  few last minute Santa points. "I have been good all day and I even cleaned my room, today." His good behavior paid off. He received many gifts from his grandparents and great grands on Christmas Eve that made him squeal with delight. Christmas morning brought more exciting presents. 

He made a forever memory at the farm. Oldest grandson Kyle invited Alex to ride in the enclosed tractor to dump bales of hay for the cows and horses. Alex wants to be a farmer so badly. This was a dream for him.
 

And Charlie, who is four, jumped on Papa Bill's lap the minute we arrrived and he shouted, "I'm gonna get your nose!" Then he pretended to eat Papa's nose. Bill had more fun roughhousing with the boys than opening his gifts. 

Kyle's & Abby's house and heated garage overflowed with family and friends. When we played Rob Your Neighbor, Charlie was miffed when somebody "stole" his cake pop maker. He ended up with it anyway.

We ate an abundance of food, had an abundance of fun, and counted our abundant blessing for three days. I hope you had a good holiday, too.  

10 comments:

DUTA said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas. May yo have a wonderful New Year celebration too!
Wishing you and yours a great 2023 year with health and prosperity!

Susan said...

Oh Linda. I was so happy the kids had a blast this Christmas. They are lucky little fellas to be so loved. Happy New Year to all of you!

Red Rose Alley said...

The boy's red plaid pj's are so cute, and each one standing next to grandma with hugs. It sounds like a wonderful Christmas. It's so fun to snuggle with the children and watch Christmas shows. One of my favorite things to do. Oh my, I guess that fox was nicely fed with the cat kibble. I'm glad the fierce weather didn't do any damage to your home. We are expected to get another snowfall the first of the year. We had strong winds this morning, and rain last night.

I hope the new year is bright, and brings much goodness to you, Linda.

~Sheri

Kathy G said...

It sounds like a wonderful time....except for the fox.

Val said...

Those are great pictures of you and the boys. That fox might come back with friends and family...

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Pat Wahler said...

There's no fun like Christmas fun!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Christmas is always more fun with children!! Those boys are so adorable and so lucky to have so many people in their lives!

jabblog said...

It sounds perfect. I laughed at the 'big orange cat'. I hope your 2023 will be just as satisfying.