Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Open mic tonight

It is almost 11:00 p.m. and I am sleepy. Just returned from The Mack where I read a poem at open mic about autumn in New Hampshire, and also an essay about the news paper boys of long ago. Unfortunately it had a tragic ending -a real life story about a neighbor kid. Many years later I ended up teaching this kid's sister's child. Life is strange; it is amazing how interconnected we all are. I will forward these to anyone who is interested in reading either of them. I have entered the autumn one in a contest. Keeping my fingers crossed until next Monday when winners are announced.

The cutest thing I've heard lately is my granddaughter who is beginning to talk. She says, "I sorry." and "Tank ou." I have to squeeze her sometimes.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Thanks for letting me read your poem. If you don't win, those judges have not experienced autumn.