Sunday, September 6, 2009

What a dream!

I'm not usually disturbed by my dreams, but I had the weirdest, most vivid dream just before I woke up. I dreamed I was lounging on my back on a bed or sofa looking out a second story window onto a back yard. My coworker was in the room. There was a tall tree and a back porch just off the room we were in. I saw a beautiful cat stretch out of a nest and rise, long and sleek, stretching it's front body up the tree. It was absolutely gorgeous with turqouise blue fur and bright red splotches. I was in awe of this cat; then it morphed into an exotic bird with fluffed turquiose and red feathers. It started flying frantically to the porch floor. That's when I spied it's offspring, three weaned fluffy, multi-colored, dark black and grey kittens searching for food. The bird flew out of the nest to find food. I was very distraught that she would bring these hungry kittens bugs and grubs instead of cat food. I was trying to figure out what to do, throw out some food, take the kittens to the Humane Society, rationalizing that the HS would destroy them, and the beautiful bird would produce another litter. I woke up with no resolution, ugh!

Geeze! I must be searching for an answer in my real life, because I have never had such a psychedelic dream. No medications, no big meals before bed, just a weird, beautiful and confusing dream. Any dream interpreters out there?

No comments: