Saturday, November 28, 2009

Back to normal

Whew! I did it. I made my deadline for the column I write for Hockey Stop. This has been a hectic week. First the death of Bill's aunt, visitation, funeral and all. The house has been a wreck with kitchen appliances strewn about because we installed a new floor and repainted the walls. I can't stand clutter, so I got rid of a bunch of stuff and did a thorough cleaning. I have been energized. I love it when the house is spotless, even though I know it's only temporary. Won't be long and there will be crumbs on the counter, piles on the table, but for now, I am basking in the glow.

It just feels wrong to be hanging outdoor Christmas lights when it is sunny, and almost 70. We were actually perspiring. Not complaining though. In the past my fingers have been frozen from tying red bows to the bushes.

Two out of fourteen submissions this month have been rejected, but I will forge on; it won't stop me. Don't let a little rejection slip stop you!

1 comment:

Julia Gordon-Bramer said...

Since so many publishers don't even bother to tell me I'm rejected, I feel like a rejection is closer to being on track. Ha.