Wednesday, July 7, 2010

To my whole blooming bunch of readers

If things are tough, remember that every flower that ever bloomed had to go through a whole lot of dirt to get there.~ Barbara Johnson

We all know how difficult the writing process is. No matter how easy the ideas and words come to you, no matter how talented a writer you are, you still have to invest the time to write, format, submit, wait and deal with rejections. I have been writing for about thirteen years, and I have had quite a few flowers bloom, but there sure have been some weeds. If anyone is interested in reading some of my published personal essays, and clips from other publications, Google

Linda O'Connell Chicken Soup for the Soul

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Thanks for the encouragement - you are an inspiration.

Susan said...

Thanks, Linda, I'll do that. I enjoy your writing. Susan

Bookie said...

Loved quote...so true. Liked the Applewhite interview with you...so well done on both sides!
...and thanks for your comment on my last blog.

Pat Wahler said...

No doubt you are the Chicken Soup Queen, my dear! And it certainly is a well deserved title!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

BECKY said...

All so true!! Way to go, Linda! And what was it that Pat just said??.....You're a Soupy Queen? What does THAT mean??!! (oh, I just crack myself up sometimes!!)

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

I'll enjoy checking it out! I've already read some, and you and I share a CS pub! Also, love the quote. So very true!