Friday, February 18, 2011

You uplift me!


Each of you is a balloon in my blog boquet. You all add beauty and insight and information to my life.

You know the sound an inflated, untied balloon makes when you release the air and let it fly? Well that's sort of how I've felt lately, BTHWOOOOOT. All I want is a thumbs up or down from editors. I know we are all busy, but just a No Thanks email would allow me to proceed instead of stew.

I have sent off poems to contests, prose to magazines, essays to books. My Jan-Feb submission calendar has twenty-one little squares filled in. Not bad for forty-eight days. But not a word from any of these people until yesterday.

I saw my folded SASE on the kitchen counter and frowned. Reluctantly, I opened it and saw my document with handwritten notation on the bottom: "This is lovely, but will not be accepted with the photo. Would you like to edit and resubmit the text?"

That does sound like an acceptance, doesn't it? The weather is changing and so is my mood. Sometimes life is a reflection of what you project. Other times, life just happens. Good things are coming my way.

Sunshine, seventy-seven degrees in February in St. Louis is a gift.

My blog followers have increased, shooting for 100 by the end of month.

An author from a national publication has offered to mentor me because we embrace
similar philosophies.

I'm holding a big secret close to my heart (which is pounding with excitement), until I can release the information soon.

I did a private poetry reading in someone's home this week. That was amazingly fun.

I have been invited to display one of my previously published essays on a prominent blog and will be featured as one of the voices of Fierce Females for Women's History Month.

I am woman hear me roar! Sometimes I merely "squeak" but my balloon is always half full, either inflating or deflating. Right now it is on the rise.

I thank each of you for following me, supporting me in my writing endeavors and for being my friends. I awe at your posts, laugh out loud, feel your pain and your joy, and I learn from all of you.

9 comments:

BECKY said...

Ooooh, secrets!! All sounds very exciting, Linda. Congrats on whatever is on the horizon!

Susan said...

Hi Linda...Cannot wait to hear what the heart-pounder is! Must be something fabulous!

I think it's incredible you submitted that many things! Holy crow. Makes me feel like getting some out today!

You are a balloon in my blog bouquet, too, and not a deflated one, I might add....a very nice, colorful one,bobbing up and down like a rocket! ha!

Take care and have a sweet afternoon. Susan

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

You've left us with a cliffhanger! Can't wait to hear your news!

So many submissions! I'm ashamed to say I've sent only one since the year began. Where do you find the time? What is your secret? Inquiring minds want to know!

Cathy C. Hall said...

What the heck? Sounds to me like your balloons are lifting off! And honestly, secrets are meant to be shared. Spill it, sister! ;-)

Karen Lange said...

What wonderful things...can't wait to hear the secret! Hope you have a fabulous weekend! :)

Donna Volkenannt said...

Hi Linda,
You deserve every ounce of success! Can't wait to hear your good news.
donna

Sioux Roslawski said...

My interest is piqued. Tell us!

Pat Wahler said...

Exciting stuff. Can't wait to hear your secret!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

Tammy said...

Congratulations on all of your balloons that are taking off!!! I want to hear the secret, too. Fess up already! ;)