Thursday, December 26, 2013

My Christmas morning miracle

 

Christmas Eve as I lay myself down to sleep, I silently prayed for family and friends. "Mom, I so wish you could be here tomorrow to experience the joy of Christmas day with all of us. Please send me a sign that you're okay."


Christmas morning I awoke early as usual and noticed a fragment of clear glass on the bathroom floor. I picked it up, thinking I had lost the diamond in my ring. It was just a chipped piece of glass shaped like a tiny heart. I thought, "Hmmm. I wonder where that came from? Good thing I didn't step on it barefoot."

 I sat down, and when I got up from the toilet (sorry for being so personal) I looked down and gasped at this heart on the rug right beneath my feet. How did I not step on that?


I got up to wash my hands and saw this abalone heart in the sink. I kid you not!
  "My funny honey," I thought. And then, I noticed the nail on the bare wall to my right where my special mirror hangs. My brother made it for me. Every time we go on a beach vacation, I bring home a small significant shell or piece of beach glass and hot glue it on as a reminder of the various beaches we have walked. Two of my beach treasures are heart-shaped, one is from the inside of a shell and the other is a rock.

"Where is my mirror?" I looked down and there in the trash can (under the sink) was my mirror, minus the two hearts which I'd just found.

I have tried and tried to explain how this mirror could fall off a nail still intact in the wall, and break off  only two hearts and land UNDER the sink in a trash can. Physics? Logic? None of it makes sense. Bill swears he did not do it.
I asked him how do we explain it. He said, "I can see that nail is still in the wall. I don't know, either. Some things you just can't explain."
 We did not have an earthquake. The house did not shake. The nail was still intact. I have decided that there IS an explanation for me.
 
I experienced a tiny miracle.
 
I believe I was "visited" on Christmas Day. Some people think I'm engaged in wishful thinking, or just plain crazy. I hot glued the hearts back on, rehung my mirror and said, "Merry Christmas, Mom."

Your thoughts?   

19 comments:

Susan Sundwall said...

How intriguing! I'm with you on knowing it was your Mom. Who says Heaven can't reach down and touch us in small ways when we need it most? Thank you for letting us in on it, Linda. Blessed Christmas to you and yours and may many more such moments visit you in 2014.

Bookie said...

A bizarre happening on Christmas! Your explanation is as good as any so go with it! You must have strong connections in your line!

Connie said...

I love this! It seems like a message to me. Merry Christmas, Mom. ♥ :) Hugs to you, Linda. Thank you for sharing this.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--First of all, I imagine we will be reading this story sometime soon in a Chicken Soup anthology.

Two--I think Sasquatch is guilty.

Three--I certainly believe that people from "the past" can contact us.

I'm glad your mom was able to be with you on the holiday...

Julia Gordon-Bramer said...

Love it! You know what I think about this. ;-) <3

Lynn said...

You know your mom was letting you know she was there with you on Christmas! What a gift!

Anonymous said...

I believe in miracles.

Merlesworld said...

Maybe you have ghosts.
We do.
Merle.........

Susan said...

I think it was your mom, Linda. Sweet story. Susan

Val said...

I'm a believer!

Debora said...

Thanks for the reminder that miracles happen all of the time. I needed to hear that.

River said...

Odd happenings indeed. I'm guessing it was your Mum too, a poltergeist would have broken the mirror.

Tammy said...

This post had its own miraculous Christmas message for me. Sometimes I try too hard to take the miracles out of Christianity and rationalize it with logic. You made me think about what a dry and artless world it would be without miracles. They don't just add sparkle and magic - they remind us that love really is sparkling and magical all on its own. I'm so glad your mother brought that Christmas gift to you, Linda... and that you passed it on!

Dianna Graveman said...

Lovely story! Sounds like another one for Chicken Soup! Glad to hear you enjoyed such a wonderful Christmas, friend.

Mevely317 said...

Linda, this gave me "goosies"! I I'm definitely believing this moment was Intentional.
(Just think what an unhappy lot those skeptics must be!)

Hugs,
Myra

Pat Wahler said...

I'm with you, Linda. It's a lovely Christmas miracle.

Pat
Critter Alley

tracboy2 said...

So glad Gram came for a visit. She is certainly missed.

tracboy2 said...

So glad Gram came for a visit. She is certainly missed.

Anonymous said...

I love this post and I think you were visited, too:-)