Monday, December 9, 2013

We survived...we thrived!

 
WE SOLD OUT!
Typically at a single title book signing, authors and book store managers expect sales to be between 7-10. We sold 25 hard back copies within an hour, and then the authors went into their private stashes to sell seven more paper back copies.  You can still order a copy on line or at your local bookstore. http://www.amazon.com/We-Will-Survive-Encouragement-Inspiration/dp/1477848037
We overheard the staff talking, "They sold out!"
With a fun bunch of women who aren't afraid to laugh out loud, what do you expect? 
 Cathi LaMarche, Linda O'Connell, Lynn Obermoeller, Alice Muschany signing Gloria Gaynor's book, We Will Survive. Our stories were included in the 40 chosen for this anthology collection.

Lynn's entire family came out to support her. They were a fun, rowdy bunch of cousins and aunts. We thank them for their purchases and their support. I gifted each of my angel friends with an ornament like the one below. I am so pleased to be in the company of women who endured more than I did.
Thanks to everyone who came out to support us.

9 comments:

BECKY said...

Wonderful! I'm sorry I forgot to stop by. Saturday I was goofier and more forgetful than "normal," and you know how bad that is!! LOL
So happy for all of you!

Lynn said...

Ha Linda, it was not my entire family, as if that was the case, we would've needed a couple of hundred books! But yes, it was a good turn out and I'm so grateful. I'll be blogging about our next event sometime today. I just LOVE the ornament.

Connie said...

Way to go! Congratulations! Sounds like you all were a big hit. :)

Bookie said...

And all of this was in spite of the weather! So glad for you all!!!

Unknown said...

So glad the signing was such a success! Great to see all of you.

Merlesworld said...

So glad it was a success. Congratulations.
Merle............

Val said...

Way to go! And you weren't even in your disco clothes!

Pat Wahler said...

Wish I could have made it. Looks like a wonderful time was had by all!

Pat
Critter Alley

River said...

Sold out! Woo-Hoo! That's fabulous news.
I like the little Angel token too.