Friday, May 22, 2009

Publishing and Marketing

Today is a school holiday! And I plan to spend the next four days reading and relaxing. Attended a Writer's Guild meeting and came away filled with despair; the publishing industry is floudering even in NY. Small press seems to be faring better. The speakers suggested that self-publishing has its problems too. I guess I'll just stick with small markets and send short stories and personal essays.

Everyone wants to write a best-seller. Receiving a book contract is only the beginning. Marketing yourself sounds very expen$ive. Oh well, since I have not submitted my manuscript, I have no worries there. Have a great weekend and no matter how you feel about war (ugh!) remember the reason for this holiday. Get out and about and enjoy this beautiful St. Louis weather.
Linda

No comments: