Sunday, March 6, 2022

Noisy boys


 Can't you HEAR this picture? The thrill of victory is apparent on Charlie's face. His whole body is screaming, I WON! 

When my late dad was a little boy he played marbles. Now his great-great grandsons are playing with marbles but in a different game. Not as much strategey, but as much excitement, for sure.

I found a brand new Hungry Hungry Hippos game at Goodwill for $2.00. We certainly have gotten two dollars worth of enjoyment out of it. This is an active and very noisy game, but what better way for two little tigers to release all their pent up energy? 

When their mom came to pick them up, I told her she could take the game home. She smiled deviously and said, "No thanks. You keep it here at YOUR house. They nearly killed each other over the Light Bright."

I remember those days when all I craved was peace and quiet. When my children were as young as these two, I used to sit on my front porch early in the morning and read the newspaper. I turned those pages so quietly, so as  not to wake the kids. But you know what? Those days passed way too quickly. 

Now I am appreciating every moment of our noisy boys' activities and competitions. Heck, even Papa Bill got  in on the action.

I loved my kids, and I appreciated my grandkids, but with my three great-grandsons, I have so much more understanding and patience. I keep photo journals for them because I can barely remember time spent with my grandma when I was their ages. I hope when they are grown and look at their albums, they feel the love I have for them.




 

5 comments:

Val said...

Yes, I CAN hear that picture! I've fed a Hungry Hippo or two.

Sioux Roslawski said...

What a kind, thoughtful, altruistic, selfless GG you were. You TRIED to do such a kind thing for your granddaughter, offering to let the Hungry Hippo game leave your house and go to hers.

Too bad she didn't take you up on it...

Kathy G said...

My boys had a lot of games, but Hungry Hungry Hippo was NOT one of them! Too noisy for me.

Red Rose Alley said...

That Hungry Hungry Hippos game is so fun for the kids. It's my Mia's favorite at the moment. So glad you found one at Goodwill, and that your grandsons are enjoying the game so much! That was a low price for sure.

As I was reading about your experience as a Mother, I loved being a Mother as well. I was a stay-at-home mom for many years and with them every day, all day, but I wouldn't change it for the world. : )

I was the youngest child, so my grandma passed away when I was very young, but I remember her through pictures. It's nice you are keeping a journal of photos.

~Sheri

Susan said...

Oh, Linda, you are making memories with those boys to last a lifetime! They always have so much fun and so do you! Win/win situation is you ask me! Thanks for being a faithful blog follower and for all your wisdom shared in comments. Hugs. Susan