Thursday, March 24, 2022

Something's Bugging Me!

Humor is subjective. I've been in comedy clubs where most people are laughing loudly, and others are straight-faced not even cracking a smile. I assure you, there are stories in this collection that will resonate and stay with you a long while. I have read the book cover to cover and still laugh out loud when I share two of the relatable, guaranteed-to-make-you-laugh stories with others. 

Something's Bugging Me is the title of my story included in the latest Chicken Soup for the Soul book. That makes 32 different CSS books in which my stories appear. Chicken Soup for the Soul books are printed in several languages and read across the globe. I am proud to be a part of this team.


Chicken Soup for the Soul: Too Funny! (Release date April 19, 2022, 978-1-611590890, $14.95) contains 101 laugh-out-loud stories, all true, and told by the people who lived through these embarrassing, hilarious, and truly relatable experiences. 

You would normally think of Chicken Soup for the Soul as the place you turn to for advice—on positive thinking, forgiveness, gratitude, self-esteem, raising kids, caring for the elderly, and other challenges. But this new collection is just plain fun, a welcome diversion in 2022. Chicken Soup for the Soul has gathered some great storytellers to document the mishaps and misadventures of everyday life. Prepare for lots of good, clean (and not so clean) fun. The chapter titles provide a preview of all the joy inside: “That Was Embarrassing,” “I Can’t Believe I Did That,” “Mistaken Identity,” “These Modern Times,” “Not What I Meant,” “Domestic Disasters,” “Happily Ever Laughter,” “Laughing at Ourselves,” “I Kid You Not,” and “Family Fun?”

No one is safe in this collection—from spouses and siblings to parents and children to friends and colleagues. And of course, the funniest tales are the ones people tell on themselves. No one is holding anything back, with tales of snafus at home, embarrassing moments, goofy pets, holiday hiccups, eccentric families, and every other kind of story that makes you stop, think, and then burst out laughing.

Chicken Soup for the Soul’s editor-in-chief and publisher Amy Newmark says, “I kept bursting out laughing as I selected these 101 stories from the thousands of submissions we received. Even when I was editing them, and had already read them a couple of times, I laughed all over again.” She continues, “If laughter is the best medicine, then this book is your prescription. Turn off the news and spend a few days not following current events. Instead, return to the basics—humanity’s ability to laugh at itself.”

For locals interested in buying a copy, I have a handful to sell ($10.00 each) and can deliver if you are not too far away. The library is not ready for in person book signings yet.

Care to share a funny that happened to you? Aw, come on, tell me.

6 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

That's wonderful that you have your stories in these books, Linda. I'm loving the cover of the book with the giraffe. Your stories often have humor in them, and that's an important thing to never part with.

Happy Spring to you.

~Sheri

Kathy G said...

What a great feather in your cap to have appeared in so many of the books.

Pat Wahler said...

Congratulations, Linda! You are the Chicken Soup Queen. :-)

Val said...

Put another notch in your Chicken Soup belt! It might be time for a new belt.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

You are so full of inspiring stories!!

BSc 1st Year Admit Card said...

Excellent Article!!! I like the helpful information you provide in your article.

BSc 2nd Year Admit Card
BSc 3rd Year Admit Card