Friday, June 19, 2009

Another birthday party

Pool party this evening for 10 year old grandson, Sean. Noisy children running through the house and splashing in the pool. I did not eat any cake or ice cream. I didn't know I had that much will power!

Seems like it was only yesterday when Bill held his newest grandson right after he was born. His eyes widened; he motioned me to come out to the hall. He said,"There's something wrong with this baby. He doesn't have any legs." He was serious and very worried. "Did they tell his mom and dad yet? No one seems very concerned."

I asked what he was talking about. He told me to touch the blanket. The nurse had swaddled the baby who had his little newborn 'froggy legs' still drawn up. I laughed until tears rolled down my cheeks. Bill didn't think it was too funny. But even today, it makes me smile thinking about it.

No comments: