Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Charity with a click of your mouse

This morning I finished Water for Elephants, by Sara Gruen, and I must say, as the tension mounted and the action peaked, the outcome was most satisfying and the ending was superb! I was rooting for the 93 year old main character, and I burst out laughing as I read the last few pages. This is one of those books that stays with you forever.

We all know how fun word games can be. Well, I received my AARP The Magazine in the mail today and want to share info published on page 16. You can make a charitable donation simply by playing a word game.

"FREERICE.COM feeds the hungry as you build your vocabulary. For every word you define correctly, this UN World Food Programme site donates ten grains of rice to countries coping with cronic hunger - more than 68 billion grains of rice thus far." FREEKIBBLE.COM gives food to dogs in shelters and Freekibblekat.com does the same for cats.

Please post this info on your website/blog or tell a friend.

2 comments:

Pat Wahler said...

I also loved Water for Elephants. In fact, I loaned it out so many times, it finally disappeared and I have no idea where to find it!

bluesky said...

Another great charity site is AIDtoCHILDREN.com. It donates money to children in need through World Vision. Check it out at http://www.aidtochildren.com ...