Saturday, December 5, 2009

Holiday gathering

Today I attended the St. Louis Writer's Guild Christmas Party. Holiday open mic readings were nostalgic, poignant and humorous. It was a very enjoyable time, good food and terrific friends. Lynn's story, Black Cake was outstanding; we were laughing aloud. It is one thing to write memoir, but it is difficult to stand before a group and read personal essay. She did a great job. My little tome was about my grandchildrens' Christmas pageant. Three year old Austin shouted in church when he saw his sister in costume, "Here comes Ashley and she's a German Shepard." The pageant went downhill from there, but it was one of the most memorable performances ever. If anyone wants to read it, let me know and I will forward it to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun, Linda. Sorry I missed it!

Lynn said...

Thanks Linda. That was kind of you to say. My voice was shakey and I kept hitting the microphone. I'm sure I looked like a duffus. Your story was great too - making us all laugh outloud also!