Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I can't make this stuff up!

The oddest things happen to me. My LIFE is a story. Last evening I presented a parenting class to a group at my school which is in a residential area. The doorbell rang sporadically and I had to interrupt my presentation three times for late arrivals. Half an hour into it, the doorbell rang again. I asked a young female coworker to please answer. I could hear a male voice, so I went to investigate. The skinny, "strange" guy next door, in his late 30's-early 40's, asked if I knew who a particular car belonged to. I replied that I didn't. He said, "Well this is simply a courtesy request that you ask the person who owns the car to move it from in front of my house, because my mom is old,60 (MY AGE!) and she's coming to drop off a grandkid and I don't think it's right that she has to be out in this freezing cold walking half a block at night with a kid. Just a courtesy, if you don't mind."

Flabbergasted, considering community relations and not wanting to rock any neighborhood boats, I stepped into the classroom and asked who owned the car, explained that the guy said, blah-blah-blah. A woman says it's her car. A nice dad offers to pull her car out of the tight spot and park it down the street. Everyone seems happy. The class continues. Fifteen minutes later, the doorbell rings again! This time there is a heavy set man at the door. I refuse to open it. Two dads look over my shoulder as I ask the fellow what he wants. He asks, "Do you know who owns the(SAME FREAKING) car parked down the block?"

Fed up, I shout through the glass, "No! Why?" He says, "I just hit it, and I want to report it; it's the right thing to do."

Such is my life.

3 comments:

BECKY said...

Hilarious!

Pat Wahler said...

Was there, by chance, a full moon?

Linda O'Connell said...

Like I said, my life is stranger than fiction.