Monday, January 28, 2013

Huh-uh, not your mama's books

Click HERE to read the inside scoop on Publishing Syndicate's development and upcoming production schedule for Not You Mother's Books...On ( a variety of topics). These are anthologies with a dash of spice.

There are plenty of submission opportunities and calls for upcoming titles. Kudos to Ken and Dahlynn McKowen and the rest of the team who have worked diligently to release the first three books.

I am busy co creating Not Your Mother's Book...On Family. Permissions will be sent in the near future if your story has been selected for first round consideration. That is not a guarantee that your story will be published. The final selection is made by the publisher, and often times when stories are cut, it has little to do with your writing ability, and more to do with layout and other technicalities.

Will you please pass this information on to others who may be interested in submitting to the other titles in development?

8 comments:

Connie said...

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out! Have a great day.

Bookie said...

I think waiting is the hardest part of writing...ideas generate enthusiasm, writing generates excitement, submission generates expectation, waiting generates edginess! So writers must be edgy folks!

Susan said...

Thanks for the information, Linda. It had been quite awhile since I submitted several stories. I figured since I heard only silence that none had been accepted.

You mean I still might hear about a "permission?" Wow. That was good news.

Take care. Susan

SUSAN SAYS said...

Linda - I'll spread the word!

Pat Wahler said...

Lots of work goes into producing these books, doesn't it? I'm sure the results will be well worth the effort!

Pat
Critter Alley

Val said...

Thanks for that reminder. I have works in various states of disarray. I will move some to the top of the polishing list for the upcoming titles.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

How do you make time for all the stuff you do, including this new venture? Please tell. You've either cloned yourself or you're the Queen of Organization. :)

Lynn said...

I'm pretty sure you don't sleep.