Saturday, January 12, 2013

In our own fog

Sometimes it's best to just stay home. Friday evening during the news, hubby woke me from a brief ten minute nap on the couch. "Why are you talking so softly?" I asked thinking he was pranking me as I sometimes do him when he asks if his hearing aide batteries are working. It wasn't him. I was surfacing through muddy sleep and even when he suggested dinner out, I didn't completely wake from my fog. As we drove to the fish restaurant he asked how my day was.

"Busy. I'm exhausted. I had visitors in class today. I'm just worn out." I closed my eyes to rest.

The restaurant was packed and we had to park a good distance away. You'd think a walk in the cold air would bring me to my senses. We frequent this place regularly. At the front of the building there's a side entrance door that opens into an enclosed vestibule, and then there's an interior door which opens into the restaurant. Bill walked in ahead of me. I opened the first door and knowing there was another one, I opened the second door... and I found myself outside. You talk about confusion. That woke me up. I looked around and found myself on the other side of the parking lot. I made my way right back in and through the restaurant door where I found my ever loving husband doubled over laughing his socks off.

I am now aware that there are two entrance doors into the vestibule, one on either side.

Today, we were dashing through the rain into a building. Bill was huddled head down, hood up when he bounced off a small tree limb, BOING! He turned around to see what hit him, and I couldn't stop laughing.   

14 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

And you're also aware that your husband is a smart***.

There are many evenings I am on the verge of sleepwalking way before I lie down and go to sleep. Teaching drains all of our energy.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

LOL When I do stuff like that I blame middle-age, but I'll allow that teaching little ones must drain your energy to -10. Your hubby is fortunate you have such a good sense of humor, accompanied by the ability to appreciate your own foibles!

Connie said...

Ha,in a fog maybe, but at least you're in it together! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who does these kinds of things.

Susan said...

Oh Linda, that was funny. I can just see you walking into the vestibule and walking out again.

It's been REALLY foggy here lately since temps warmed up. When warm temps hit chilly, FOG. I feel like I'm living in the Twilight Zone.

Thanks for the Sunday morning chuckle. Hope the fish was delish. Susan

Bookie said...

I can so relate to your confusion...been there many times. The time most coming to mind it is the time I went to a public restroom and felt extreme irritation with all those men standing around!

Southhamsdarling said...

You and Bill certainly know how to have fun, don't you?! Hee Hee!!

Tammy said...

Sounds like between the two of you, you work it out. The fun way.

Val said...

Poor Bill. Sounds like he ran smack into karma.

Merlesworld said...

Sometimes it is so hard to wake up from a nap that's not long enough you just go on to auto control for a while.
Merle....

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Too bad you didn't have a video of the event. You might have won a prize on America's Home Videos.

Lynn said...

You two are just too funny.

Karen Lange said...

I agree with Susan, a video might be fun to watch! Although I sympathize with the fog. Have had a few days like that, especially lately. Something in the air perhaps? :)

Anonymous said...

LOL! It is a gift to be able to laugh and your spouse and vice versa!

Pat Wahler said...

One of the most important elements of a good marriage (in my opinion) is laughter. It puts everything else into perspective.

Pat
Critter Alley