Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July, Party on!

The Air Force Band played last light at Jefferson Barracks Park. I expected patriotic songs, but they played a variety of tunes for two hours. We sat right in front of the speakers. What was I thinking! The fireworks were phenomenal. Although a tiny part of me feels really sad when I see them, as I think of what they represent - real bombs bursting in air. If the percussion from fireworks jar my gut and soul, imagine what people in war zones must really experience.

I saw three of my former 'school families'. Those Rogers' kids just keep sprouting up! The Pemberton girls are as cute as bugs in a rug, and the Shulte boys are all American kids with smiles that stretch from ear to ear.

Arriving early to assure a great parking spot means first one in, last one out! They expected 10,000 people, and I can assure you that they all showed up. Hey Laura, what time did you finally get home?

Enjoy your day, your freedoms and your friends.

No comments: