Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Christmas in July

Here I sit trying to make all the July literary deadlines, pounding the computer keys, so proud of having hammered out so many pieces. Then I click over to email and my heart pounds at the sight of a call out for Thanksgiving and or Christmas stories, due by July 31st. I have a wonderful, nostalgic (even made me cry) piece, and just as I am ready to hit the send button, something tells me to go back and check the guidelines one last time. Then I see it, NO COMPENSATION except a complimentary copy of the book and reduced price to purchase additional copies.

This is just too sentimental a personal essay for me to give away, so I will wait. But this might be the place for you if you are trying to get your work published.

Holiday Anthology, Dixon Hearne (website has details)
Submit to dixonh@socal.rr.com

No comments: