Friday, April 17, 2009

The phone rang today, and WOW what a surprise!

Bill called me at school. I thought sure he was inviting me to lunch, but it was even better! He said there was a message on the answering machine that he thought I'd be interested in when I got in from work. I startled him when I darted home at 11:30 on my lunch break. It was well worth the frantic double zip to and from school. The president/editor-in-chief of a publication left a comment about my recent submission. "I love your work; you write beautifully. I would like to speak with you about being a commissioned writer for my publication." I spoke with her this afternoon, and she asked me to consider being an ongoing contributing writer. Details to follow. I certainly know about deadlines; I write a bi-weekly column for Hockey Stop. My head is spinning with story possibilities. And tomorrow is the poetry throwdown. Hope to see some of you there.

3 comments:

BECKY said...

You are just too amazing, dear Linda!! I'm in awe of you. You make me want to write better, more often, etc. etc.!!

Lisa Honey Pie said...

Congrats, Linda. What becky said above -- you're an inspiration to us.

Julia Gordon-Bramer said...

You have the Midas touch! Love and congrats a million times over!