Sunday, December 5, 2010

Angels and the Power of Prayer


Blogger friend, Claudia, said that a friend told her that angels are closest to the earth at Christmas. Do you seem to feel the presence of deceased loved ones more at this time of year?

I bought this sweet, little creamic angel after my mom died, and it is a constant and vivid reminder of her. I believe that angels are forever near and speak to our hearts when we are still enough to listen. When the world or your life seems crazy, noisy and chaotic, quiet yourself and listen to the angels whisper.

We met friends for dinner and as always we enjoyed ourselves and laughed a lot. They told us about a young teenage girl who developed brain cancer and was sent to a cancer hospital out of state. She met another girl there who was the same age, with the same type brain cancer. They discovered that they both had resided in the same house at differn't times of their lives. Coincident, or angels at work?

Please send up prayers for our friend's brother, Eldon, who was diagnosed with severe leukemia and will begin aggressive treatment tomorrow. He lost his wife to cancer two years ago this month. Prayer is powerful. Thank you.

9 comments:

Mary said...

Linda, I will certainly keep Eldon in my prayers.
I reminisce about Christmases past a lot during this season and think about those who are no longer here. I miss them and cherish the lovely memories.
When I was a child I used to look at the sunset on Christmas Eve and wonder if there were angels in the sky, hiding in the rays of the setting sun. I've always thought that the angels rejoice, too, this time of year. So, yes! I also feel a presence. It is indeed a blessed season of the year.

Chatty Crone said...

I certainly will. Hard time of year for this isn't it - I hope their angels take care of them.

Love,
sandie

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Hi Linda - I will pray for Eldon. My father-in-law is due to begin chemo for leukemia in January. Mild so far, and we pray he will continue to be asymptomatic.

Several years ago my brother and I were talking to my cousin and the subject of guardian angels came up. I said, "Grandma is my guardian angel," to which my brother replied, "I always thought she was my guardian angel." My cousin laughed and said, "I thought she was MY guardian angel. I saw her in the hospital after my surgery." We all agreed that Grandma, always a busy bee, continued to stay active on the "other side". :) She apparently keeps track of all her grand-kids!

Susan said...

I like to think of angels being close to us at Christmas time and always, Linda. Susan

Donna Volkenannt said...

Hi Linda,
Lovely post. I will say a prayer for Eldon.
donna v.
http://donnasbookpub.blogspot.com

AngelStar said...

so glad to discover you, and you do know about "angels on earth" magazine, i suspect?peace, angelstar

Linda O'Connell said...

Thnaks to all of you for your kind words at this difficult time. Your support means a lot. I envision angels collecting prayers and handing them to God.

Linda O'Connell said...

Welcome Angel-Star. Thanks for stopping by.

Allison Schreiber Lee said...

Saying a prayer for Eldon and his family and friends.
Namaste,
Allison