Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Do you want my autograph? Do you just want to have fun this Saturday?

Not rain, not sleet, not snow, let nothing keep you away from the Second Annual Chicken Soup for the Soul, Canned Food for the Body booksigning event at MAIN STREET BOOKS, 307 Main Street in Old Town St. Charles, MO from 1-3 p.m.

Bring the children to see the magic on Main Street. Get up close and personal with one of Santa's live reindeer; sorry the one with the red nose is busy at the North Pole. There will be chestnuts roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your nose, carolers singing, drummers drumming, marching bands marching, and last year there was a life-sized angel making her way down Main Street. It drizzled last year but the crowds were spectacular. I saw babies sitting on their daddys' shoulders and toddlers bundled up like Ralphie's little brother in A Christmas Story (You'll shoot your eye out with a BB gun). I even saw a replica of 'the lamp' in one of the windows. This is a magical time of the year, a family activity, sure to create memories. Visit the craft shops, stop and talk to a Santa from another country (not all Santa suits are read and white). Support the local economy and have lunch at one of the quaint restaurants.

Three other local, Chicken Soup for the Soul writers, Tammy Goodsell. Becky Povich, Theresa Sanders and I will be doing a book signing from 1-3. Anyone who donates a canned food item ( chicken soup is nice) will receive 20% off their entire purchase at Main Street Books. Please stop by and say hi. Do tell a friend about this event.

Please post a link to my blog on yours or pass this information on. We'd love to sell a few books, but even more so, we'd like to stock a food pantry with nourishing soup!

12 comments:

Karen Lange said...

Sounds like fun! If I lived closer, I'd stop by to see you:)

Susan said...

Awwww, Linda. Imagine! A booksigning! CONGRATULATIONS! Honestly, if it weren't so doggone far, I'd BE there! Sounds like a blast. Say "hi" to Becky for me too, would you? Susan

Anonymous said...

Linda, thanks to your wonderful advice, you know where I'll be this weekend--at the laptop trying to complete that mega-assignment. So I'm not sure I'll be able to get there; it kind of depends on how close I am to meeting deadline by Saturday afternoon! If I don't make it, you know I'm with you in spirit. Have a great time!

Dianna

Bookie said...

Yes, it does sound like a fun time. How I would like to hang around that book store! We have been in St. Charles during holiday season before and would love to come back...but it a fur piece to come for lunch and a book! :)

Pat Wahler said...

Good luck with the book signing! If I can, I'll stop by.

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

Sioux Roslawski said...

I told Tammy the same thing---I will be at Purina (Gray Summit) with the dog rescue group I work with. Otherwise, I would love to be able to say, "Hi," face to face, instead of via posts.

Have fun. I am sure it will be a very successful event.

Lynn said...

I shall try and make it, but I have another commitment, so we'll see. But I know you'll have fun!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Sounds like such a good time! Wish I didn't live so many states south of you--I'd drop by. One of these days...

Linda O'Connell said...

Hello everyone, I know you will all be with me in thought if you can;t make it in person. I hope the snow holds off until I am back home.

Terri Tiffany said...

What a fun idea! It sounds like a really cool town to shop in and you get to do it with Beckie!

Donna Volkenannt said...

Hi Linda,
Saturday is always busy with the kiddos, but I'll try to get there.
Good luck and good weather wishes coming to you, Tammy, and Becky.
donna v.
http://donnasbookpub.blogspot.com

Susan said...

p.s. on Thursday: Hi Linda. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting. You are such a sweet blogging friend. I'm so excited for you for Saturday! Take care and come back soon. Hugs. Susan