Tuesday, December 14, 2010

How do you handle a bad day?

My daughter has car trouble, two friends had to have their dog's put down, a blogger friend got a big fat rejection on her book, and someone stole the nativity scene from the school around the corner from mine. I mean, life can really get you down sometimes. And I haven't even begun to address the miserable cold weather that's sweeping the nation. Sometimes we all feel like chucking it all, crawling under the covers and not coming out until Puxatawney Phil makes his prediction, which we all know will be more bad news.

Funds for Writers is a wonderful web site with valuable information. Hope Clark wrote today about having one of those WHY DO I EVEN BOTHER?! days. We all have them. Check out her site and send her a word of good cheer. Let her know how much she is appreciated. If you are not a follower, you should be. http://hopeclark.blogspot.com/

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Life is 10% of what happens and 90% how I react to it. ~ John Maxwell

Don't let a bad day last more than 24 hours ~ Linda O'Connell

6 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Linda...Well, the bad days come to all of us. I try to just get through it by thinking "this, too, shall pass." Today, in this ice cold freezer we live in, I just couldn't wait to light the fireplace and sit in front of it, with the tree all lighted up nearby. Sure enough, the blue dissipated very quickly and my heart filled to the brim with immense gratitude. Take care and stay warm and know that "this, too, shall pass." Susan

Pat Wahler said...

Wise words, Linda!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda---If I'm the rejected blogger you mentioned, thanks for your words, although I expected it (but would not have said "never mind" if they had accepted it).

On bad days, chocolate. Or a good cry. Or a good cry and then lapsing into a nap. And then dismayed over the spread of my girth. Oops, perhaps the chocolate and naps are contributing factors?

Chatty Crone said...

It is true - attitude is about choice. sandie

Lynn said...

Linda, my daughter was having a bad day today and I guess I was getting on her nerves yacking about all the things she could do to make it better and it's funny because I told her about a dear friend who had this wooden thing hanging in her house and it had a string with a knot on it and had that saying you mentioned - When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. How funny. But most of the time all we can do is change our attitude, not always easy.

Tammy said...

Love the quotes...especially that last one! ;D