Friday, December 3, 2010

Snow happy you stopped by!


Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukka, blessings from our house to yours. When hubby retired eight years ago, he decided he might want to do woodworking. This is the project that we worked on together. I drew them, he cut them out of heavy wood, and we both designed and painted the snow couple. We think they resemble us, and I just love them. They stand out front greeting passersby. She wears a neck scarf cut from my deceased friend's robe, so the significance is meaningful only to me, but it looks cute from the street. I will be posting a few of my favorite holiday friends on my blog, and most of them are snowmen. What are your favorite holiday decorations?

6 comments:

Bookie said...

Cute snowmen! I like snowmen and had so many I had to get rid of some. There were just toooo many. I have pared down everything and find less is more. I love using my teapots and tea cups to express the holidays as well, double duty for looking and drinking.

Chatty Crone said...

Those are adorable! Great job to your hubby. I need to find something for my hubby to do.
Love,
sandie

Tammy said...

Oh, love them! And especially love the significance of her scarf. They really do capture the season!

Sioux Roslawski said...

The snow couple are cute. It looks like Mrs. Snow is past the hot-flash stage---she looks cool and comfortable.

The sentimental touch--her scarf---makes this decoration even more special.

Susan said...

Awwwww, Linda. Those are ADORABLE. You guys did a great job. My favorite holiday decorations? Now THAT would be nie to impossible to answer...there are Santas and elves, and reindeer bears, and dollies, and angels, and you get the idea. This place looks like some kind of wonderland and I LOVE it. ha ha ha Take care and have a good night. Susan

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

You're so creative! Your snow couple is adorable.

My favorite Christmas decorations are angels, nativities, and anything handmade by a child.