Monday, December 20, 2010

Writing contest

For all you dog lovers out there, wouldn't you like to win $500.00 for writing about your pooch, mutt, doggie, pup? Deadline is Jan. 31, 2011, so you have time. Check out the guidelines here.

It is the 25th Annual Dog Lovers AKC Publication Fiction Contest.
Pat, this is right up your alley!

I was thinking about my dog who went blind at the end of her life, but she could smell me peeling an orange from three rooms away. She'd always come find me and I would give her a slice. I also had a cat who loved the pimentos from green olives.

4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Thanks for the contest information, Linda. Your stories about your dog and cat that had interesting tastes reminded me of some of the strange things dogs and cats of mine would beg for. They are definitely intriguing creatures.

Donna Volkenannt said...

Hi Linda,
Thanks for the link.
Sounds like your blind dog was special.
Okay. Confession time. Christmas shopping and wrapping has me dizzy. When I first read your post about your blind dog I read your dog could see you "peeing" from three rooms away.
I need to slow down.
Donna

Susan said...

Our pets become such a part of us, don't they, Linda? I am a cat lover, Linda. My Honey Cat is snug in my heart and even the thought of losing her fills me with great sorrow. I must practice living in the moment and not worry about tomorrow. I know tomorrow will take care of itself. Take care, Susan

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Thanks, Linda!